St.Joseph's Carondelet Child Center/St.Joseph's Orphan Asylum
Submitted by aorlov on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:53
Richard, Bernice. "History of St.Joseph's Carondelet Child Center."
Chicago Genealogist Vol. 17, no. 4 (Summer 1985): 156-159
Call No. Local History Ref. F458.1 .C45 (2nd floor open shelves)
The history of the institution from its founding in 1864 to 1983. Originally known as St.Joseph's Orphan Asylum, it was renamed St.Joseph's Carondelet in 1965 and in 2007 the name was changed to the Cardinal Meyer Center. For further information on the building, originally a Civil War military hospital, see the Archdiocese of Chicago web site.
An online collection of the Chicago Genealogist is free to the public.