Please choose carefully the information you post on ChicagoAncestors.org and that you provide to other users. Your ChicagoAncestors.org profile may not include any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter.
Despite this prohibition, information provided by other ChicagoAncestors.org users may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, or offensive material, products or services, and ChicagoAncestors.org and the Newberry Library assume no responsibility or liability for this material.
If you become aware of misuse of the ChicagoAncestors services by any person, please contact ChicagoAncestors at email@example.com.
ChicagoAncestors.org reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
NON-COMMERCIAL USE BY USERS
The ChicagoAncestors services are for the personal use of users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the Newberry Library. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the ChicagoAncestors Services, including collecting user data by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized farming of the ChicagoAncestors Website is prohibited.
Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed without notice and may result in termination of user privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the ChicagoAncestors Services.
ChicagoAncestors.org does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the ChicagoAncestors.org. After posting your Content to ChicagoAncestors.org, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.
By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the ChicagoAncestors.org, you hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to ChicagoAncestors.org a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the ChicagoAncestors.org.
ChicagoAncestors.org may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of ChicagoAncestors.org and/or the Newberry Library violates these guidelines or which may be offensive, illegal,l or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. The Newberry Library assumes no responsibility for monitoring ChicagoAncestors.org for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time ChicagoAncestors.org chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor ChicagoAncestors.org Content, ChicagoAncestors.org nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or ChicagoAncestors.org, and any material or information that you transmit to other users and for your interactions with other users. ChicagoAncestors.org does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by ChicagoAncestors.org prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of ChicagoAncestors.org. ChicagoAncestors.org makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Users.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the ChicagoAncestors.org. ChicagoAncestors.org and the Newberry Library reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in their sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the ChicagoAncestors services and terminating the Usership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of ChicagoAncestors.org:
· is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
· harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
· exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
· contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
· solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
· promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
· promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
· involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
· contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
· furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
· solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
· involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
· includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
· advertising to, or solicitation of, any user to buy or sell any products or services through the ChicagoAncestors.org. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other users. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the ChicagoAncestors.org. In order to protect our users from such advertising or solicitation, ChicagoAncestors.org reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a user may send to other users in any 24-hour period to a number which ChicagoAncestors.org deems appropriate in its sole discretion;
· any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
· interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the ChicagoAncestors.org or the networks or services connected to the ChicagoAncestors services;
· attempting to impersonate another user or person;
· using the account, username, or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
· selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
· using any information obtained from the ChicagoAncestors services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
· displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the ChicagoAncestors services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile or posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose; or
· using the ChicagoAncestors services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of ChicagoAncestors.org to terminate usership privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to ChicagoAncestors.org by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the ChicagoAncestors.org in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the ChicagoAncestors services; your address, telephone number, and email address.
We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the ChicagoAncestors.org website, whether caused by users of ChicagoAncestors.org, our advertisers or corporate partners, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the operation of the ChicagoAncestors.org or services.
We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user or other user of the website. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the website or the service, any content posted on the website or transmitted to users or other users, or any interactions between or among users or other users of the website, whether online or offline.
We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of user or user communications. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. We are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer equipment belonging to any user of the website, any user, or any other person related to or resulting from use of the website, viewing, playing or downloading any materials on or from the website, or otherwise in any way in connection with the service.
The ChicagoAncestors.org website and services are provided "AS-IS" and, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we expressly disclaim any warranty of any kind, including, but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the website or the service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us, or from or through the website or the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.