Submitted by metcallahan_3258 on Sat, 2016-10-15 12:48
Originally known as First German Lutheran Cemetery, Wunder’s Cemetery was established in 1859 by First Saint Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, the oldest Lutheran congregation in Chicago. In 1919 the cemetery was renamed after Heinrich Wunder, who served as pastor of First Saint Paul’s from 1851 to 1913.
Chicago Genealogical Society. A Transcription of Wunders Cemetery, Chicago, Illinois. Edited by Gail Santroch
Chicago, Ill.: The Society, 1985
Call No. Chicago Browsing F548.61.W85 1985
Hucke, Matt, and Ursula Bielski. Graveyards of Chicago: The People, History, Art, and Lore of Cook County Cemeteries
Chicago, Ill.: Lake Claremont Press, 2013 (2nd ed.)
Call No. Chicago Browsing F547.C7 H84 2013
Simon, Andreas. Chicago, the Garden City: Its Magnificent Parks, Boulevards and Cemeteries: Together with Other Descriptive Views and Sketches
Chicago, Ill.: Franz Gindele Printing Co., 1893
Call No. W19.70
Digital copy available from the Open Content Alliance/Internet Archive
Wunder’s Cemetery Records [1867–1944]
Microfilm; 2 reels. Chicago, Ill.: Newberry Library Photoduplication Department, 2003.
Call No. Local History Ref Microfilm 1261