Washington Boulevard Temple (B'nai Abraham Zion)
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
Congregation B'nai Abraham built a temple at Karlov and Washington in 1919 and merged with Congregation Zion shortly thereafter. B'nai Abraham had previously been located at 1112 S. Marshfield and Zion had previously been located at Ogden and Washington.
The combined congregation was known as B'nai Abraham Zion or the Washington Boulevard Temple.
There is information about this congregation in the West Garfield Park Community Collection at the Chicago Public Library.
The congregation remained at this location until 1958, when it moved to Oak Park. The congregation, now Oak Park Temple B'nai Abraham Zion, has a brief history on its website.
1919 - 1958