Submitted by jennifer13 on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:48
The Methodist congregation "built a most attractive church and chapel," in 1874, after the previous Trinity Church on Jackson Blvd had been destroyed in the great Chicago fire of 1871. In 1894, the Blair family erected a parish house adjoining the chapel. In this parish house, the Sunday School, guild meetings and other activities were held. Originally, the church owned all the land from Michigan Av. to Indiana Av. The rectory stood on the eastern part of the lot. The unused land was sold to clear its debt. The church was destroyed in a fire on 7 Jan 1920, after which the parish house served as a substitute for the church.