Tiphereth Zion Congregation
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
According to Meites' History, Tiphereth Zion was founded in the 1890s, and first met at Lincoln (now Wolcott) and Milwaukee. The Tribune reported on laying of the cornerstone for a permanent synagogue on July 23, 1890. The address at that time was 566-68 N. Lincoln. After the renumbering of 1909 and a street name change, the address became 1243 N. Wolcott. The synagogue was dedicated on August 25, 1904. The congregation is last listed in the Chicago Telephone classified listings in 1955-56.
The ArchiveGrid database records that minutes for this congregation from 1956-1958 are held by Hebrew Theological College - Saul Silber Memorial Library in Skokie, Illinois.
Tifereth Zion (Meites)
Congregation Tefaris Zion (1903 city directory)