Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Meites' History records that Temple Judea was founded in 1914 and dedicated its synagogue at 1227 Independence Boulevard in 1917. On June 24, 1954, the Chicago Tribune reported that the congregation sold its building to the Greater Progressive Baptist Church, and had no plans to relocate. The same year, a Temple Judea was founded in Skokie, but it does not seem to have a formal connection to this congregation.
1917 - 1954