Temple Israel/ B'nai Sholom
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
Temple Israel was founded in 1896. It first appears in the city directory in 1902, at this location (listed as Temple Osreal.)
In 1906, Kehilath B'nai Sholom merged with Temple Israel. The merged congregation met here.
In 1913, the congregation moved to 5310 S. Michigan.
A centennial book of the merged congregation was published in 1952.
1896 - 1913