Temple Beth Israel
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Temple Beth Israel was founded in the Albany Park neighborhood in 1917. It dedicated its first temple at 4850 N. Bernard in 1922. An article in the Tribune of May 22, 1921 described the planning of the building.
The congregation remained at the Bernard location until the 1980s, and moved to Skokie at some point after 1985.
1922 - 1990