St. Joseph Provident Orphanage
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:46
St. Joseph Provident Orphanage; for the care of younger dependent boys; boys from St. Joseph's Orphan Asylum transferred to this institution; staffed by Sisters of St. Joseph from Carondelet, Missouri. Closed in 1911 and younger boys transfered to St. Mary's Training School.
Harry C. Koenig, editor, A History of the Offices, Agencies, and Institutions of the Archdiocese of Chicago: Published in Observance of the Golden Jubilee of the Priesthood of His Eminence, John Cardinal Cody, 2 volumes (Chicago: The Archdiocese of Chicago, 1981), 2:903