Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:47
Moved to this location: 1899
Moved from this location: 1989
During the late 1980’s largely in response to the impact of changing demographics of the Catholic church in this Chicago community, five parishes in East Englewood ( St Brendan, St Bernard, St Carthage, St Martin’s, and Our Lady of Solace) were consolidated into what has become the parish of St Benedict The African East.
Church records available on microfilm from the Family History Library:
FHL film #1579730 Item 7
FHL film #1602781 Items 1-5
Some digital images are available online.
1889 - 1989