Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:47
Moved to this location: 1887
Moved from this location: 1989
During the late 1980’s largely in response to the impact of changing demographics of the Catholic church in this Chicago community, five parishes in East Englewood (St Brendan, St Bernard, St Carthage, St Martin’s, and Our Lady of Solace) were consolidated into what has become the parish of St Benedict The African East.
Church records available on microfilm from the Family History Library:
FHL Film #1750419 Items 1-5
Baptisms- 1887-1916 (original)
Baptisms- 1887-1910 (copies of original- includes indexes)
Baptisms- 1902-1915 (copy of original)
Some digital images are available online.
1833 - 1989