Submitted by nwhite on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:55
Organized 1849 at Illinois and Franklin and later located at Sedgwick near North Avenue. The parish, founded by Gustov Unonius, a Swedish Lutheran that became a priest in the Episcopal Church, served a Swedish immigrant community. Effectively disbanded in 1920.
Original records, 1852-1900
Communicants list, c. 1875-1876
Day book, register, and communicants list, 1879-1880
Pastor’s diary with baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, 1882-1883
Parish register, 1867-1871
Baptisms, 1867-1877, 1887-1896
Photos, articles and other material of historical interest
Available at the Swedish American Archives of Greater Chicago.
Records available on microfilm:
Membership records, 1867-1915
Ministerial acts, 1867-1880, 1922-1940
Infant baptisms, 1887-1896
Available at the Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center located at Augustana College.
1849 - 1920