Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
According to A Walk to Shul by Kraus and Schwartz, Shaarei Torah was the first synagogue in Lawndale, having been founded in 1908. It is first listed at Sawyer and 13th in the 1923 city directory, but Kraus and Schwartz record that the synagogue was built at that location in 1911. In 1955, it moved to 1234 W. Devon, and then to 2756 W. Morse in 1976.
Shaara Torah Anshe Mauriv
Cong Shaarie Torah Anshei Maarov
1911 - 1956