Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
Shaare Zedek was founded in the Logan Square neighborhood and built its first synagogue in 1922. The congregation remained at this location until the late 1970s. At that time it merged with B'nai David and moved to 2626 W. Foster. In the 1980's, the congregation merged with Ner Tamid in Rogers Park, according to the Ner Tamid website.
1922 - 1977