Submitted by tessden98 on Wed, 2014-11-12 12:00
Andrew (Andrea) Querolli was born in Italy in 1826. He settled in Chicago around 1859, and established a confectionery and fruit store at 87 W. Randolph Street (now the 500 block of W. Randolph). By the late 1860s, Mr. Querolli had moved his residence and business, now a saloon/fruit market, to 459 N. Clark Street (now 1214 N. Clark Street). Mr. Querolli remained at the Clark Street address after the fire of 1871. He and his wife Rosa raised their family of eight children there. Andrew Querolli died in 1892 and was buried in Calvary Cemetery in Evanston, Illinois. The Querolli's son Andrew Jr. married the daughter of Andrew Cuneo, founder of a successful fruit wholesaling enterprise. Rosa Querolli died in 1915 and was buried with her husband at Calvary Cemetery.
For further details, contact the Chicago Genealogical Society. Andrew Queroli is Pioneer Ancestor number 272.