Old Town School of Folk Music
Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:48
In December of 1957 the famous Old Town School of Folk Music opened its first location at 333 North Avenue. With the folk revival movement of the 1960s, the school quickly grew and in 1968, the School purchased and moved into a 13,000 square foot building at 909 West Armitage Avenue.
On September 18, 1998, a new school at 4544 N. Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln Square was dedicated with a concert by Joni Mitchell and Peter Yarrow. Today the School provides classes, workshops, performances and other programs at both the Lincoln Square and Lincoln Park locations.
1957 - 9999