Moulin Rouge Cafe
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:51
The Moulin Rouge Café was indirectly named after the famous French Cabaret house in Paris. The café opened in 1921 and was thought to be a novelty. The liquor laws of Prohibition made it difficult to run a night club. After a police raid in 1922, the owner, Albert Bouche, was forced to close the hall for one year. The Moulin Rouge opened again in 1924 and then closed in 1926 for unknown reasons.