Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:54
Clough, Joy. "Chicago's Sisters of Mercy." Chicago History.
Vol. XXXII, No. 1. (summer 2003): 42-55.
Call No. Local History Ref F548.1 .C465 (2nd floor open shelf.)
The Sisters of Mercy were the founders of the oldest continuously running hospital in Chicago. It began at the old Lake House at Rush and North Water Streets in 1850, moved in 1853 to a new building at Wabash and Van Buren and in 1863 was relocated to 26th Street.
1850 - 9999