Mandel Brothers Store
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:51
The Mandel Brothers firm was established in 1855 by two German immigrant brothers who came from a small town in the Rheinland-Palatinate. Their small company grew to a department store, and they built this massive building in the 1890s. The business was at its largest during WWII, but following the war, it experienced a steady decline until it was bought out in 1960.