Lake Park School for Boys
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:57
Lake Park School for Boys was owned by Willard Bolling and his wife Thelma in the 1940's. They are listed on the 1940 Census as Director and Directess. The house previously belonged to Mr. W.F. McLaughlin of McLaughlin's Coffee and stood next door to the John Borden Mansion located at 3949 Lake Park Ave S. Mr. Borden's house is shown in "Old Chicago Houses" by John Drury and the picture of 3961 Lake Park Ave. shows enough of Mr. Borden's house to verify that it is right next door.