Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Meites' History of the Jews of Chicago records that Kehilath Jacob was founded in 1890. It originally met on Pacific Avenue, and then in a residence at Kramer and Jefferson. In 1908, it purchased a building at Centre (now Racine) near Taylor from a French Church. In 1915, it moved to a new synagogue at Douglas and Hamlin.
1908 - 1915