Kehilath B'nai Sholom
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
Kehilath B'nai Sholom, or Sons of Peace, is Chicago’s second oldest synagogue. It was organized May 25, 1852.
In 1891, the congregation moved to the building at 26th and Indiana that had previously been occupied by Kehilat Anshe Maariv. In 1906, the congregation merged with Temple Israel and moved to 46th and St. Lawrence.
The online version of the Jewish Encyclopedia of 1906 contains a profile of this congregation.
A centennial book of this congregation was published in 1952.
Sons of Peace
Kehilo Brag Sholom (1858 directory)
Kehilo Bane Sholom (1861 directory)
Kehillath B’nay Shalom (1875 directory)
Congregation of the Children of Peace (Cutler)