Kehilath B'nai Sholom
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
Kehilath B'nai Sholom, or Sons of Peace, is Chicago’s second oldest synagogue. It was organized May 25, 1852.
It built its first synagogue at Harrison and Fourth in 1864, where it met until the building was destroyed by the fire of 1871. After the fire, it occupied several temporary locations near Wabash and 14th before moving to 1455 S. Michigan in 1876.
The online version of the Jewish Encyclopedia of 1906 contains a profile of this congregation.
A centennial book of this congregation was published in 1952.
Sons of Peace
Kehilo Brag Sholom (1858 directory)
Kehilo Bane Sholom (1861 directory)
Kehillath B’nay Shalom (1875 directory)
Congregation of the Children of Peace (Cutler)
1864 - 1871