Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Isaiah Temple was founded in 1895.
In 1899, the congregation dedicated a new building at Vincennes and 45th, having previously met at Ellis and 39th. The building was designed by Dankmar Adler.
There is an image of this building on the ECuip City of Neighborhoods website.
In 1924, it constructed a new building at 50th and Greenwood Ave.
It later merged with Temple Israel, and a centennial book of the merged congregation was published in 1952.
Public domain photograph from Wikipedia.
1899 - 1924