Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Isaiah Temple was founded in 1895.
The Tribune of Jan. 5, 1896 reported that the new congregation was meeting at the Oakland Club at 39th and Ellis. The first Rabbi was Joseph Stoltz.
In 1899, the congregation dedicated a new building at Vincennes and 45th.
It later merged with Temple Israel, and a centennial book of the merged congregation was published in 1952.