Holy Name Cathedral
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:46
Moved to this location: 1845
Moved from this location: 1854
Began in 1845 as a Chapel of the Holy Name at the University of St. Mary of the Lake.
Church history at the Newberry Library:
Holy Name Cathedral:1874-1974
Chicago: Holy Name Cathedral,1974.
Call # BX4603.C5 H64 1974
Church records available on microfilm from the Family History Library:
FHL Film #1578585 Items 7-8
Baptisms- 1891-1904 (includes full-name index)
FHL Film #1578586 Items 1-5
Baptisms- 1904-1908 (continued)
Baptisms- 1908-1915 (includes full-name index)
Communion and confirmations- 1902-1915.
Some digital images are available online.