Submitted by tessden98 on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:59
Charles H. Hill was born in Germany in 1839. He came to the United States in 1860 and by 1867 lived in Chicago at 104 Sherman Street (now the 700 block of S. Financial Place). He was employed as a pianomaker with the Herman Knauer Company at 159 Kinzie Street (now 114 W. Kinzie Street) but by the next year Mr. Hill entered the grocery business. Mr. Hill, his wife Augusta and three children remained at the Sherman Street home through the 1880s and then moved to 144 S. Leavitt Street (now 111 S. Leavitt Street). Mrs. Hill died in 1900 and Charles Hill in 1905. They are buried at Forest Home Cemetery in Forest Park, Illinois.
For further details contact the Chicago Genealogical Society. Charles H. Hill is Pioneer Ancestor number 289.