Group 34 of the Polish Women's Alliance of America
1547 N. Ashland Ave.
Submitted by rjkoziel on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:57
Name of Group 34: Towarzystwo Swietej Teresy (Saint Teresa Society)
Established August 4, 1903
Original organizers: Wladyslawa Szypura, Maria Tadych, Julia Cienciara, Wiktoria Hencel, Julia Kornacka.
Size of Group during establishment: 17 members
Size of Group in 1938: 92 members
This location is the residence of Group secretary Wladyslawa Szypura as of 1906
The majority of the members lived in the Northwest Side Polish neighborhoods of Chicago, along and around N Milwaukee Ave and were born in either the Russian partition of Poland or Chicago.