Grace Presbyterian Church
Submitted by nwhite on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:55
Merged with Sixth United Presbyterian in 1969. Sixth Grace (the result of the merger) is currently located at 600 E. 35th St, near Cottage Grove.
From the church website: "The ministry of Grace Presbyterian Church began on July 19, 1888 under the leadership of Moses H. Jackson. It had 19 members and emanated from the Presbyterian Club, which was organized by Black Presbyterians." The first service took place in a storefront at 3233 S. State St.
Sixth Grace Presbyterian Church, U.S.A.: The 200th Year Anniversary of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and the 100th Anniversary of the Founding of the Grace Presbyterian Church. Ill.?: Sixth Grace Presbyterian Church, 1988. Call No. folio BX9211.C4 S5 1988.