Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Meites History records that Ezras Israel (spelled Ezrath Israel by Meites)was founded in 1895.
In 1954, the congregation broke ground on a new synagogue at California and Lunt, as reported in the Chicago Tribune of August 1, 1954. As of 2008, the congregation still meets at this location. Previously, the congregation met at Artesian and Potomac.
A centennial book of the congregation was published in 1995.