Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Meites' History records that Ezras Israel (spelled Ezrath Israel by Meites) was founded in 1895.
Meites records that the congregation purchased a building at Potomac and Artesian in 1912, presumably the former Zion Evangelical Lutheran church. Previously, Ezras Israel had met at 1237 N. Irving (now Bell.)
In 1954, the congregation broke ground on a new synagogue at 7000 N. California.
A centennial book of the congregation was published in 1995.