Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Meites History records that Ezras Israel (spelled Ezrath Israel by Meites) was founded in 1895, and first met on Shober Street (now Bell St.) near Le Moyne. It then purchased a building at 640 N. Shober. By 1903, when this congregation was first listed in the city directory, the street was renamed Irving. After 1909, the address became 1237 Irving.
Meites records that the congregation purchased a building at Potomac and Artesian in 1912, presumably the former Zion Evangelical Lutheran church.
A centennial book of the congregation was published in 1995.