Engine 77 Firehouse
Submitted by brick77 on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:52
Moberg, June Drake. "A Family of Firefighters."
Chicago Genealogist. Vol. 33, No. 1 (Fall 2000): 15-19.
Call No. Local History Ref F548.1 .C45 (2nd floor open shelf.)
Photos include separate images of John(father) and Frank(son) in 1907 and 1917 respectively, in uniform, a 1920 image of the original building, and an image of a 1920 fire engine.
The original location of the Engine 77 Firehouse was at 1224 S. West 40th Court, sometimes incorrectly listed as 1222 S. 40th Court. The wood frame building was torn down in 1927 in order to build a new firehouse.
An online collection of the Chicago Genealogist is free to the public.
1917 - 1927