Congregation Rodfei Zedeck
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Congregation Rodfei Zedeck was founded in 1874, according to the history on its website. Meites' History gives 1906 as a founding date- apparently incorrectly. At the time of its founding, the congregation was located in the Town of Lake, an area that was later annexed to Chicago.
According to the congregation's account, the congregation worshiped in a storefront before moving to a frame structure at 42nd and Union in the 1890s. At that time, the area was known as Canaryville.
In 1906, the congregation moved to a former Baptist church on 48th St. between Michigan and Wabash.
Chicago Jewish News also has a history of the congregation.