Congregation Rodfei Zedeck
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
Congregation Rodfei Zedeck was founded in 1874, according to the history on its website. Meites' History gives 1906 as a founding date- apparently incorrectly. At the time of its founding, the congregation was located in the Town of Lake, an area that was later annexed to Chicago.
In 1926, the congregation moved to a new temple at 5446 Greenwood Ave., from its previous location on 48th between Michigan and Wabash. In 1948, it moved to 5200 South Hyde Park Boulevard.
Chicago Jewish News also has a history of the congregation.