Congregation Kesser Maariv
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:04
Kesser Maariv was founded in the Rogers Park neighborhood in the late 1920s. In 1927, the congregation purchased a site at 6418 N. Greenwood and built a synagogue. An article in the Chicago Tribune of May 20, 1927 recorded the purchase.
In 1955, the congregation merged with Beth Hamedrash Hagodol Anshe Lunik (which had been located at Douglas and St. Louis on the West Side.) An article in the Tribune of Sept. 4, 1955 described the merger. The new congregation was called Beth Hamedrash Hagodol Anshe Lunik Kesser Maariv.
In 1994, the congregation moved to Golf road in Skokie, according to the history on congregation's website.
1927 - 1991