Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Congregation Emanuel was founded in 1880. In 1908, it moved to Buckingham Place near Halsted, from its previous location at Belden and Burling. The Tribune reported on the dedication of the new temple on Sept. 7, 1908. In 1952, it moved to Sheridan and Thorndale.
A history of this congregation was published in 1930.