Congregation Beth Hamedresh Hachodosh
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Congregation Beth Hamedresh Hachodosh is listed in Chicago city directories near Clark and Harrison for the years 1881 through 1893. This congregation seems to be independent of the better-known Beth Hamedrash Congregation established at 134 Pacific. The Chicago Blue Book of 1894 (available in full text from the Internet Archive) gives the following information about this congregation:
CONGREGATION BETH HAMEDRASH HACHODOSCH
Pres. R. Goldstein; Sec. H.Levi; Rabbi, L. Arnichster.
Services daily 7 a. m. and 6 p. m.; Saturday 7.30 a. m. and 5 p. m.