Congregation Beth El/ Rodef Sholem
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Congregation Beth El was an early congregation on the Northwest side, founded in 1871. It was orginally known as Rodef Sholom.
In 1925, the congregation moved to Palmer and Sawyer from its previous building at Hoyne and Crystal. The Tribune reported on the laying of the cornerstone on March 8, 1925. In 1957, the congregation moved to Touhy and Albany.
A centennial book of this congregation was published in 1971.
Rodef Sholom Church (1873 city directory)
Congregation Bethel (1902 city directory)
1925 - 1956