Congregation Beth El/ Rodef Sholem
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Congregation Beth El was an early congregation on the Northwest side, founded in 1871. It was orginally known as Rodef Sholom.
In 1902, the congregation moved to Crystal and Hoyne from its previous building at May and Huron.
In 1925, the congregation moved to Palmer and Sawyer.
A centennial book of this congregation was published in 1971.
Rodef Sholom Church (1873 city directory)
Congregation Bethel (1902 city directory)
Public domain thumbnail image from The Jews of Illinois (Chicago : Bloch & Newman, 1901), page 347. Available through the Internet Archive.