Congregation Anshe Kalvaria
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
Congregation Anshe Kalvaria was founded in 1892, according to an article published in the Tribune on Jan. 18, 1893. The same article records that the congregation first met at 479 S. Canal, which would have been just south of Canal and DeKoven.
It first appears in the city directory in 1902, located at 256 w. 12th Street. In 1909, that address was changed to 705 w. 12th.
In 1916, the congregation merged with Ohave Sholom Mariampol and moved to Ashland and Polk, according to Meites History. The merged congregation was renamed Anshe Sholom.
1902 - 1916