Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
According to current congregational website, Bnei Ruven was founded in 1895, although Meites' History records 1901 as the founding date.
In 1961, the congregation moved to a new synagogue at 6350 N. Whipple. The Chicago Tribune reported on the groundbreaking for the Whipple Street temple on May 16,1957. Prior to that, the congregation occupied a synagogue at 1256 S. Kedvale.
Bnai Reuven V'Ansheniezin (1910 city directory)
Bnai Ruben (1923 city directory)
Congregation Sharei Tfile Bnei Reuven (1937 telephone book)