Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
According to current congregational website, Bnei Ruven was founded in 1895, although Meites' History records 1901 as the founding date.In 1918, the congregation moved to a synagogue at 1112 S. Marshfield (previously occupied by B'nai Abraham) from its previous location at 1109 S. Paulina. In the late 1920s it was briefly located at 4130 Grenshaw before moving to 1256 S. Kedvale.
Bnai Reuven V'Ansheniezin (1910 city directory)
Bnai Ruben (1923 city directory)
Congregation Sharei Tfile Bnei Reuven (1937 telephone book)
1918 - 1928