Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
According to current congregational website, Bnei Ruven was founded in 1895, although Meites' History records 1901 as the founding date. According to Meites, the congregation first met at a private residence, 10 Frank Street. In 1905, the congregation bought a building on S. Sangamon. It is recorded in the 1910 city directory at 1419 S. Sangamon. In 1915, it moved to 1109 S. Paulina.
Bnai Reuven V'Ansheniezin (1910 city directory)
Bnai Ruben (1923 city directory)
Congregation Sharei Tfile Bnei Reuven (1937 telephone book)
1905 - 1915