Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:53
The Bishop Building is named for Harry G. Bishop, a lumber magnate. Originally it housed a nightclub as well as stores and offices. Read more about this building in:
"The Bishop Building 1501-19 West Howard Street". The Historian
Vol. 24, no. 2 (July 2009)
Print version available in the the Newberry Library Newsletter Collection.