Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:02
Austro-Galician Congregation is listed at 1355 and 1357 N. California in Chicago directories for the years 1928-1955. In 1956, the congregation merged with Beth Israel to become A G Beth Israel. The combined congregation established a synagogue at 3635 W. Devon. An article in the Chicago Tribune of July 1, 1956 described the merger.