Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Anshe Sholom congregation opened a branch on Melrose Street in 1940, when the congregation's main temple was located at Polk and Independence Boulevard. In 1959, the Melrose street synagogue was dedicated, and the Independence Boulevard temple was closed two years later. In 1960, the congregation merged with B'nai Israel, and is now known as Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel.
The Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel features a history of the congregation.