Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
Anshe Sholom was formed from the 1916 merger of Ohoave Sholom Mariampol and Anshe Kalvaria. In 1928, it moved to Independence Boulevard and Polk from its previous location at Ashland and Polk. It opened a branch in Lake View in 1940, at 540 W. Melrose. In 1959, the Melrose location was dedicated as a synagogue, and the Independence Boulevard temple closed in 1962.
Meites' History contains a profile of this congregation on pages 489-492.
The Anshe Sholom B’nai Israel website also has a history of the congregation.
1892 - 9999