Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
According to Meites History, Anshe Emet (listed as Anshe Emeth by Meites) was founded in 1878. However, the congregation published a centennial book in 1973, giving an earlier founding date.
In 1928, the congregation moved to its current location at 3762 Pine Grove from its previous location at 633 Gary Place (now 633 Patterson.) The Pine Grove synagogue had previously been occupied by Temple Sholom. The Tribune reported on the transfer of the property on Feb. 7, 1926.
Anshe Emes (1882 city directory)
Anshe Emeth (Meites)